December 9, 2019
Here are some interesting facts about cows that you may not know about:1) The term "cow" actually refers to just the females of the bovine population. For males, they tend to be called bulls.
2) Cows have almost 360-degree vision, which allows them to watch for any predators that are coming towards them.
3) Cows cannot see red colour.
4) Cows have a very acute sense of smell and can detect odors up to 6 miles away. This will help them with identifying any dangers coming towards them.
5) Cows move their jaws about 40,000 times a day. They chew cud or grass approximately 40 times per minute.
6) Cows do not have upper front teeth. When eating grass, they will press their sharp bottom teeth against the top hard palate of their mouth.
7) Average cow consumes more than 100 pounds of food and drink 40 gallons of water per day.
8) Generally, cows do not like to be alone. So if they are isolated, means they are not feeling well.
9) Cows spend most of their time lying down.
10) In India, you can go to jail if you hurt a cow as cows are holy to the Hindus.